Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners and Elders – past, present and emerging – of the lands and waters of the people of the Kulin nation on which the ClimateWorks Australia office is located, and all of the Elders of lands across which ClimateWorks operates nationally. We acknowledge that sovereignty was never ceded.
Our understanding of sovereignty has been informed by the final report of the Referendum Council.
As part of Monash University, ClimateWorks aligns our actions with the Monash Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Framework 2019 – 2030 (“Monash Framework”) which comprises four framing pillars:
- Increasing the participation of and supporting success in Indigenous students
- Embedding Indigenous perspectives and content into curriculum
- Growing research contributions to address and serve the needs of Indigenous people and communities
- Upholding traditional knowledge and respecting Indigenous students, staff and communities.
Our approach is designed to:
- Ensure ClimateWorks is appropriately aligned to and actively contributing to the aims of the Monash Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Framework 2019 – 2030: Especially goals three and four, which are of the most direct relevance to ClimateWorks;
- Support ClimateWorks staff to appropriately engage with, and embed the knowledge of, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural contexts in the design and delivery of programs of work;
- Develop the competence of ClimateWorks staff to demonstrate cultural literacy and solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
If you would like to know more about how we work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org